Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dark Passenger!

Sometimes a journey through life can be a bit like taking a bus in a strange city.  You know where you want to end up - but you're unsure which route to take and what changes you have to make on the way.
Sometimes we just take a chance and hope its the right one.

I met a wonderful young woman a year ago who is my inspiration.  She made a life changing decision far greater than any I could make and managed to stay on track and weather all the set backs and delays, all the heartaches, and the doubts and the dark moments, with a fortitude and grace only few could muster.
She had a goal and persisted. She had a dream and made it come true!
She's a very private person; which only adds to her poise and I wish her every happiness throughout her wonderful future.
I hope I can apply such strength in my dreams!

But you know some of us take the most ridiculous risks with no thought to others.
Many times have I sat in my seat at the front of the bus and witnessed the craziness of other drivers in regard to the buses.
How many times have I lurched forward as the bus executes an emergency stop because an idiot has veered his car in front of the bus so that he can make a left turn, just as the bus pulls away from a stop!  Do they have a death wish? 
Its like a scene from a movie where the baddie does a handbrake turn in front of a truck to avoid the cops!
Have they any idea of the momentum of the bus and how hard it is to stop dead!
Do they realise how much carnage they could cause?
Besides the risk to all the passengers. Especially me,perched in the front there; avoiding my travel sickness only to be wiped out by an idiot who can't wait 10 seconds for the bus to pull away safely!
I feel such compassion and yes, anger for the bus drivers who deal with these idiots day in and day out.
The front of a metro bus is made so that it will collapse on impact to absorb the collision. But it will still be decorated with your brains if you persist in doing this crazy manoeuvre?

But perhaps they'll function better in jar anyhow?

2 comments:

  1. Dark passenger... Have you ever looked around you on the bus and wondered what the other passengers stories are?

    There just could be a Dexter among them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly most are engrossed in their phones or staring out the windows with unseeing eyes.
      But i do wonder about them. They say everyone has a story to tell.
      But a Dexter? You could well be right!! ;o)

      Delete