I took my camera on the bus with me this morning. I often see things unusual or snap worthy but typically, because I had my camera, there was nothing of note to shoot.
There are always great characters on the bus itself but I dont want to annoy anyone and end up with my camera wrapped around my neck or find myself ejected before I actually want to get off!
Perched on a bus is really a great way to see life and the people and objects that make it interesting.
Passing through the suburbs and into the city; the surroundings are teaming with great characters, beautiful old buildings and some unbelievable sights!
One in particular I recall because it was one of those moments where you do a double take in disbelief and then wish that you hadn't!
One morning, travelling into the city around 7am and surprisingly wide awake, I looked up from reading a book on my iPad, about life in North Korea (a bit heavy for so early in the day I admit) and saw a man, a derelict, hunched between two vans just across the road. I glanced back at him to see what he was up to - and then, because I didnt believe what I seeing, I did the regrettable double take...
Having no access to the usual 3 'S's" The shower and shave being the first two - he was observing the third option and taking a dump!
In the doubtful privacy of the space between the two vans and seemingly oblivious of passers by who didnt seem to notice him either, he squatted, native style!
Scarred for life, I shuddered and returned to my reading....
I have no idea what I read for the rest of journey!!
What a way to begin your day, but it reminds me...a while ago I had to capture a stool sample for a medical test - and how does one do that? Well stretching gladwrap over the toilet bowl worked for me, but there is a squidginess to this method! Elated at this Kodak moment, I took a photo! Moments later, a close friend carelessly asks what had I been up to, so I emailed him the photo! I forget what his reply was!
ReplyDeleteHappy trails.